2018 Great Britain 2 oz Silver Queen's Beasts The Bull
- Contains 2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Housed in protective plastic. Orders of 10 or more coins come in tubes. Orders of 200 coins or more are packaged in Monster Boxes.
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 5 pounds.
- Reverse: Designed by Jody Clark, the design features the muscular Black Bull of Clarence rearing above a royal shield.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
The 2018 Queen's Beasts Silver coin is the fifth 2 oz Silver British Bullion coin from the Royal Mint. Add the fifth coin of this exciting new 10 coin series to your cart today!
When Her Majesty The Queen was crowned in 1953, the entrance to Westminster Abbey was guarded by ten fantastical creatures. The Queen’s Beasts were six-foot tall statues that symbolized the heritage and history Queen Elizabeth II inherited that day. These royal protectors have been brought to life in a collection named in their honor, which began in the year The Queen became the world’s longest reigning living monarch and continues in the year of Her Majesty’s Sapphire Jubilee.
The Black Bull is a "Yorkist" beast which came to The Queen through Edward IV, the first king of England from the House of York and one of the key players in the "Wars of the Roses". The bull is one of the most English and "earthy" of the heraldic beasts, a strong symbol of pride and patriotism.